The Heavy Water Extractor separates heavy water from regular water at the bottom of ocean biomes.
This is the first step in the production of deuterium, a major component to a fusion reactor. This block must be placed below y=45, and at least 16 blocks of source water must be above this machine. Additionally, water must be present on at least 3 sides of the block to operate.
"Heavy water is a special type of water that contains deuterium in place of hydrogen. Deuterium is more dense than hydrogen and thus heavy water exists in small quantities at the bottom of large bodies of water. The Heavy Water Extractor's purpose is to separate the heavy water from the normal water near the ocean floor. Due to heavy water's natural density, this can only occur in an ocean biome below y=45, and the extractor will only function if it has at least 16 source blocks of water above it and if it is surrounded on three other sides by water."
|Required Power||65536 W|
|Required Torque||512 Nm|
Input and OutputEdit
|Heavy Water Output||Sides|
Angular Transducer OutputEdit
- Input Power
- Input Torque
|Shift + Right Click||Nothing|
Tips & TricksEdit
- Operation time = 20 - 2 * log2(input speed)
- It's inverse, 1024 * 2 ^ ( (Operation time) / -2), can be used to find the required speed needed for a desired operation time.
- 1 second of operation time requires about 724.1 rads/s.
- 1 redstone tick (0.1 s) of operation time requires about 989.1 rads/s.
- 1 game tick (0.05 s) of operation time requires about 1006.4 rads/s.